Ask for Feature

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2008 at 2:34 PM
Feel free to ask for new Feature here
Aug 17, 2008 at 4:46 PM
I really like this utility and find it useful for starting and stopping SQL Server services from my sys tray.  I was wondering if there is any parameter I could use (and, if not, if the feature could be added) to force the application to run silently and minimize directly to the sys tray bar without having to open it and exit it.  This way I could have the program load in my sys tray on each login to windows.

Thanks!

Dan
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2008 at 9:44 AM
Hello,

I'm happy to see this app is used.

I've just released a new Version. This one will start with the same services you last configured. It will not start with a window opened (only the Tray icon). You'll have to open the config from the tray icon.

Regards
Cedric
Aug 19, 2008 at 3:20 AM
Thanks, Cedric.  The new version works perfectly.

By the way, I happened across your utility as it was reviewed here.  Thought you might enjoy knowing that.

Also noticed that the name of the tool has two letters transposed so it appears as "Mutliservice Controller" both here (in the browser tab title) and in Softpedia.

Cheers,
Dan
Aug 10, 2010 at 3:14 AM
hello very nice tool! a few suggestions: can you remove the service from the dropdown list when it's already added? better services selection through a list of checkboxes instead of a dropdown menu? i use it on XP thanks alot!